National Coaching Trianing Program (NCTP)
- Category: AEBF NCAS
The National Coaching Trianing Program (NCTP) is a progressive coach education program.
The AEBF have progressivily worked on a Eight Ball National Coaching Accreditation Scheme since 2001. Through the efforts of Sue Brooke's, Peter Wallace, Greg Dingle and numerous other coaching coordinators the AEBF have submitted the AEBF NCAS to the ASC for their approval.
The NCTP offers education and a nationally recognised qualification to people coaching at all levels.
The NCTP works to:
* increase confidence and competence in coaching ability
* promote an ongoing progressive improvement of knowledge and expertise
* incorporate the basics of sports science, enabling a more in-depth approach to coaching
* promote the use of safe and correct techniques
* provide a structure to improve communication skills
* encourage the development of innovative coaching techniques
* provide quality controlled learning in all training programs
* increase the enjoyment of sport for coaches and athletes.
NCTP training programs include the following components:
* coaching principles – fundamentals of coaching and athletic performance
* sport-specific – skills, techniques, strategies and scientific approaches to the particular sport
* coaching practice – practical coaching and application of coaching principles.